Creating a Person to Person Connection
As a kid, your sister convinced you to try rollerblading. As a teenager, you saw a movie because all your friends said it was amazing. And as an adult, you end up with the same brand of lawn mower as your neighbor because she told you how much she liked it.
No matter the industry or product, we are influenced by others’ opinions. It’s how trust is built in B2B marketing. So how can you benefit from the opinions of the professionals who use your products and the people who ultimately benefit from them?
Through video testimonials.
Real people relating to real people
Simply posting written content no longer works. You can’t expect people to act on the written word alone. You have to create a connection, one that touches minds, hearts and—most important—the essence of human behavior. You have to engage people so they’re inspired to act. Candid patient video testimonials do just that.
Here are some interesting facts:
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video—compared to only 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia.com)
- Nearly 9 out of 10 people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. (BrightLocal.com)
- Nearly 3 out of 4 people say positive reviews and testimonials make them trust a business more. (BrightLocal.com)
- Companies that use video for marketing grow their revenue 49% faster than companies that don’t.(MediaPost.com)
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search, and repeat visitors improve SEO ranking. (SmallBizTrends.com)
An unbiased outsider relating how your product successfully solved their specific need can tip a wavering prospect into becoming a new client. Testimonials create a sense of trust by showing that the outcomes are relatable, real, and personal. They create a connection that turns a prospect into a purchaser. But how do you create a strong testimonial video? And how do you do it on a budget?
Find your advocate
The right customers and key opinion leaders make all the difference when it comes to video testimonials. Here are a few ideas on how to find them, and how to do it economically.
- Your sales team. Your reps are your company’s primary contact with your clients. They know the unique stories, know which client had a specific challenge that your product helped them overcome. They can identify clients with powerful testimonials.
- Industry gatherings. Is your annual company meeting, sales conference, or industry awards ceremony just around the corner? Events bring key opinion leaders together, saving you the travel cost and time. With multiple advocates in one place, you can capture several video testimonials easily.
- Written word to video content. Client quotes on your website, white papers, and case studies. You have the content. Now make it engaging. Upgrade to video testimonials.
Connect, engage, and inspire. Successful B2B marketing communications is about creating a person to person connection. Video testimonials can help you do just that.
Ready to get started?
Get a free consult.
Call Don Poe at 303-449-6086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below and we’ll contact you.